Friday, March 5, 2010

How Nature Nurtured My Chakras Today

Dear Yin-Weaver,

I want to talk a little bit about chakras today. The word chakra means disk, vortex or wheel. It is a center of electromagnetic energy and vital life force. Cultures worldwide recognize these centers in different ways, according to William Collinge: "in the Huna tradition of Hawaii, they are called auw centers; and in the Cabala, they are called the "tree of life" centers. In the Taoist Chinese tradition the term is dantien, and in yogic theory they are called chakras." Donna Eden calls them energy stations. Carolyn Myss (check out her cool flash presentation) calls them power centers and compares them to the seven sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church.

There are seven chakras which emanate from the body from the base of the spine to the top of your head. Chakras have many functions. They generate the aura which surrounds you like an energetic space suit. They bathe the physical organs with their energy, helping to keep them healthy. They record our personal history and help to regulate specific psychological functions. They also help us to deepen our spiritual life. You can learn how to awaken your chakras many different ways, such as with reiki energy healing. But today I was reminded how being in touch with nature can awaken the chakras without any special effort on our parts, except perhaps the effort to be present to the moment.

It all began early this morning. I was talking to a friend about the weather. We were both hoping the reports were true that the temperature would rise to 50 degrees in Chicago. I told her I had spotted the beginnings of the first Dafoddil in our yard, and she said she was on the look out for the first Robin, but was not hopeful. Now, I happen to know something about my friend. I know her oldest daughter has been out of work for about two years, and has been living at home with her, and that they both have felt frustrated and discouraged by the present economic crisis.

Later on, my husband John and I went for a walk. At the end of our block is a beautiful Catalpa tree that stands about four stories high. As we passed under its bare branches, we heard a Robin singing. It stopped us in our tracks. We tilted back our heads and found the bird seated way up at the top of the tree, framed against the clear blue morning sky. I thought of my friend and her need for hope, and felt certain this synchronicity was meant to be shared. I made a mental note to email her as soon as I got home.

Chakras aren’t usually opened on the mountain tops of mystical moments. They are mostly opened by the bread of daily life. I didn’t feel my crown chakra opening to divine inspiration or my root chakra grounding into a sense of community as I stood beneath the Catalpa tree. But I did for a few moments share an awareness of my oneness with all of life, including my friend, her daughter and their dilemma. Taking the time to look and listen, I witnessed a moment of inspiration and hope to share with them.

Energy healing isn’t something that just happens in an office, or at a workshop or during the Daily Energy Routine. It happens all the time. Sometimes we instinctively do it on ourselves or for others. For instance, when we have a problem, we naturally tend to cradle the forehead with a palm which brings blood flow to the head and helps us think more clearly. Sometimes healing is done for us--and through us--without our really noticing it. But wouldn’t it be fun if we did notice it?

How has nature nurtured you today?

Blessings,
Rose

ps  a teensy request.  I'm trying to determine if people are trying to post a response to my blog and are unable.  If this has been your case would you please email me directly?  Tell me what you tried and what happened.  Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. As always, LOVE your writing, Rose! You are always inspirational.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne!

    BTW, the link you asked about didn't work b/c I disconnected it. I thought it would show up a different way...all part of the learning curve. You'll see it again next week, I think.

    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi RM...thanx for this blog! just wanted to say...if my studying for testing out serves me well...HOOK UP feeds both chakras and aura!! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KK!

    Absolutely! Hook up is like the reset button for your entire energy anatomy!

    Testing out? Did you test out of some or all of the CP classes, is that what you mean?

    Thanks for stopping by. Come on back.

    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful piece of writing. I love to remember that our chakras can be a swiftly flowing field of flowers opening ... that simple precious moments can open us up to our own lights, if we are bringing some presence to our moments.

    warmly,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn!

    thanks for the compliment...and the imagery--swiftly flowing field of flowers.

    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ho Rose,

    As I was reading your blog entry and the comments I was thinking how often it relates to something in my own life. Today I was not able to spin my chakras but was able to hold each. I felt an over whelming need to do so. When I was finished I felt better, centered and ready to proceed with the day.

    I always cherish the first Robin I see in spring. My mom told me 3 weeks ago a friend saw one. I haven't seen on yet but like the sun I will see a Robin when I am just enjoying the day and just thinking about that makes me feel excited.

    Today my Robin was the fog. In Green Bay they have a lot of fog. It is reported every night and in the morning. They even have late starts for the schools. Schools have started 2 hours late all week. This is different than Chicago. Last week there was a 30 car pile up by Appleton, which was due to fog. So here fog is a big deal and can be very scary.

    Some people may feel gloomy with the fog but I feel the mystery and beauty of the universe. I have learned something new and am joyful that it is spring.

    Part of me is stretching and yawning. I am uncurling and waking up. I am so happy to be here. Like the first flower popping out of the ground, the robin on the branch, the buds I know will sprout soon.

    YAHOO! Spring Is Here!

    It is an amazing experience to see your writing bloom. You have an incredible gift.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eve,

    I LOVE your post. So beautiful and evocative. I love the fog too, and cherished every wisp of it last week here in Chicago. I also really love using the "Robin" as a metaphor for those things in nature that awaken your spirit.

    Yes, sometimes those chakras want to be cradled, contained, soothed. Spinning can be too much--opening too fast. Good intuition on your part!

    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete