Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Have you folded your hands today?

Dear Yin Weaver,

I've been folding my hands a couple times a day this past week.  Honestly, I don't find it as effective as the Alternate Nostril Breathing.  This doesn't mean the mudra is ineffective.  It may mean my second chakra is doing just fine, thank you very much.  A few times I've combined the two (ANB first for three rounds and then the Usha mudra following), and I really like that.  It feels like a cool breeze is flowing into my second chakra.

So how about you?  Have you noticed any benefits from the Usha Mudra?  Do you feel more creative?  Productive?  Are your senses more alive?  Your emotions more available?  Is it doing anything for your libido?  Tell all. 

Thank you, Theda Marie, for pointing out my readers might want to understand why I said women should fold their hands with the left thumb on top and men should do the opposite.  The left side of the body is considered the yin, or feminine side.  The right side is considered the yang, or masculine side.  When the left thumb is on top, it's a way of accessing yin energy, and vice versa. 

Blessings,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment