Saturday, March 20, 2010

Keeping the Light on Saturday: Crohn's Disease & Your 2nd Chakra

Dear Yin Weaver,

I want to share with you the definition for Crohn's disease I found at Nutriage. Crohn's disease is a chronic form of inflammatory bowel disease. Crohn's disease causes severe irritation in the gastrointestinal tract. It usually affects the lower small intestine (called the ileum) or the colon, but it can affect the entire gastrointestinal tract. Also called regional enteritis and ileitis.

Let me draw your attention to the word ileum. The ileum is the lower end of the small intestine. The iliocecal valve is a small sphincter muscle found between the ileum and the large intestine. Its function is to prevent colonic material from backing up into the ileum, where it could cause inflammation. When the valve gets stuck open, it can cause more than just a waste management problem. In fact, it can imitate a variety of seemingly unrelated symptoms. It's known as Ileocecal Valve Syndrome. I call it the "who knew?" syndrome, because who knew a rusty ileocecal valve could cause pain in the right shoulder, right side of the pelvis, the low back and around the heart? Who knew it could cause flu-like symptoms, tinnitus and nausea?

If you have Crohn's Disease, or any inflammatory bowel syndrome, or any of these symptoms, and you can't seem to get relief from all the normal routes, it's possible you have Ileocecal Valve Syndrome. In addition to practicing the Usha mudra this week, I also recommend resetting the Ileocecal and Houston Valves (the Houston Valve is another sphincter muscle that is responsible for pushing waste from the large intestine into the anus).

Here's how: Take a look at the picture on the left taken from Donna Eden's book Energy Medicine. Place both hands inside the hipbones, fingers pointing down towards the groin. Push your fingers in deeply and pull up towards the waist line. Shake off your hands and repeat two more times. After the third time, smooth your hands down over your pelvis towards the groin.

Feel free to leave any questions or comments regarding this exercise. Let me know if it works for you...or doesn't!

Blessings,
Rose

4 comments:

  1. I use this technique everyday as part of my energy routine and it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose! I'm just catching up on reading your blog, and I have a cool story about this exercise, from a recent session.

    Client was on the table. We had already done most of the testing for that session, and were just beginning the table work, when she mentioned that she had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Since her LI meridian had already tested as being out-of-balance, and she was now mentioning the IBS, I tested the ileocecal and houston valves. Both tested weak. I taught her this valve exercise, and she did it while lying on the table. I then retested some things that had shown up as out-of-balance during the initial testing. Just from doing this exercise, the follwing tests went from weak/out-of-balance to strong: I & H valves, lung meridian, large intestine meridian, diaphragm, heart meridian, and kidney. It was an exciting moment! (And very easy homework for client.)

    peace and crumpets,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's much easier to do this in the shower with soap on your body & you get more even pressure too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS
    (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with
    my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. Abumere. I am Tina Richard
    from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with
    herpes virus.Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus,
    marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the
    genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS
    Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr.Abumere
    online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his
    work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted
    Dr.Abumere on Email: doctorabumere6@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +2349021975055

    ReplyDelete