Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keeping the Light on Thursday

Dear Yin Weaver,

I have good news for you.  According to an article I just read, Zoning Out is a crucial mental state.  Zoning Out, when you allow the mind to wander without awareness (think trance state, daydreaming, head in the clouds) "may be important to setting goals, making discoveries, and living a balanced life."

Alternate Nostril Breathing may be a perfect way to consciously stimulate a period of Zoning Out.  During those few minutes, you improve communication between the two lobes of your brain, which I think of as a way of hitting your own personal "refresh" button.  When you come back, you'll be ready to move ahead with your day. 

Try ANB as a conscious way to move through transitions in your day.  See if it doesn't renew your persepective and zest. 

Tune in tomorrow for a whole new Seven Week Challenge!

Blessings,
Rose

1 comment:

  1. What does that mean for kids that zone out in school? I know that I zone out more than I used to. I used to pay attention to everything. I was afraid I would miss something. It is exhausting. I have found zoning out actually feels good, like a nap when you are wide awake, when I have to tune back in it actually feels like a jolt. My kids have always been able to tune out when I want them to do something.

    ReplyDelete