Friday, February 26, 2010

Still Kneedy!

Dear Yin Weaver,

In my last blog I said everything is an opportunity to learn and grow. Learning and growing, I believe, comes from reflecting deeply on the hidden meanings--the mysteries, if you will--of our daily experiences.  This week I have been reflecting on what an easy target the knee makes for puns. What do I kneed to pay attention to in my life? What kneeds have I been ignoring to my detriment? Am I too kneedy? Not kneedy enough? Am I in touch with my kneeds? You get the drift.

Well, the Law of Synchronicity was working overtime. In the midst of these musings, I ran across a cute little exercise in another blog: Google your name with the word “needs” after it and see what happens. So I did, and the results were very interesting!  Below is a list of the ten best ones.  Beside them I've written my reflections on them.

1. Rose needs some help... (my wobbly knee has been forcing me to remember this lesson!)
2. Rose needs to be vocal to reach greatness... (What?  I need to tell you?  I thought my greatness was obvious!)
3. Rose needs to make some changes... (notice it doesn't say Rose wants to make some changes.  I think life sometimes intervenes with accidents and injuries to nudge us towards needed changes.)
4. Rose needs to grow... (and I need to change in order to grow)
5. Rose needs to take charge... (using Energy Medicine is a way I'm taking charge of my knee's healing process)
6. Rose needs some extra light... (Yes.  But who's going to pay for my ticket to Hawaii?)
7. Rose needs more clarity... (Oh.  Not that kind of extra light!  Extra Inner light!)
8. Rose needs the sun and rain... (it's a cliche, isn't it?  But so true that I need the hard times as much as the easy times in order to grow.  As they say, "It's all good."  Or, as St. Therese of the Little Flower said, "it's all grace.")
9. Rose needs attention... (maybe that's why my knee brace squeeks every time I walk.)
10. Rose needs stitches after bedtime accident... (Sleeping...the new Xtreme support.)

So, what does Google say YOU need? Let me know.

Blessings,
Rose

PS By the way, I have great news to report on my knee. I got a second opinion from my regular doc who felt since the symptom picture had improved so rapidly in less than two weeks, I had time on my side. It’s not like I have to get back out there on the ice and compete for gold anytime soon. So I’m continuing my regimen of supplements, acupuncture and Eden Energy Medicine.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rose, Glad to hear that your knee is healing so well. I know a few people who have had to have surgery on the knee, and it doesn't sound very pleasant at all! It's really the physical therapy afterward which is the problem. So keep healing!

    Anne-Marie needs ... didn't give me much at all. If I'd used Anne, maybe it would have given me more. Right now, Anne-Marie needs to get rid of this head cold!!!!

    Reiki hugs to you ... especially around the knee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne!

    I think, perhaps, using Energy Medicine, supplements and rest is a very sophisticated way of taking my mom's timeless advice: "The best healers are Father Time and Mother Nature. Let them do their business."

    Peace & Pomegranates,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor. It is so good to laugh. There is never enough. I heard someone say that you should laugh 3 minutes a day to improve your health. Such an easy thing to do and yet I know I don't laugh that much everyday. Hear's to enjoying your humor and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve!

    Norman Cousins healed himself of a fatal illness by watching comedy films. He called laughter "internal jogging." Here's a link to an article that gives an overview of the research done on the relationship between healing and laughter.

    ReplyDelete