Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's Your Crown Chakra Story? Write your autobiography here...

Dear Yin Weaver,

Here's today's Crown Chakra story question.  Take a few minutes to share your memories here. 

Think of your earliest experience of prayer – who taught you to pray – who explained what God is or isn’t.

Hmmm.  My earliest memories of praying are being tucked into bed by my mother and taught to recite, "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."  That prayer worried me a lot.  I can remember asking my mother what the chances were of--you know--dying before I woke. 

Who explained God to me?  I have a memory from when I was five years old.  I was running around the back yard playing tag with the neighbors and my brothers.  Suddenly, for reasons I can't begin to explain, I ran into the house and plowed into my mother's knee (she was having coffee with a friend), with this question burning to be asked, "What's the difference between omniscience and omnipresent?"  My mother paused a moment and then said, "Well, omniscience means God knows everything.  Omnipresent means God is everywhere."  As she spoke these words I had a vivid image in my mind's eye of the world being a neat patchwork quilt of homes next to which stood all the moms, dads and children.  Over each head a tiny candle flame was burning.  God was everywhere.  God knew everyone.  Made perfect sense to me, and thus satisfied with my impromptu theology lesson, I raced back outside for another game of tag. 

You?

Blessings,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment