The Heart chakra is governs the heart and circulatory system. So if you have hyper- or hypotension, you want to make sure your Heart chakra is in good shape!
Here are two easy (I mean EZ) exercises that can help to relieve emotional stress in the heart and balance your blood pressure in whichever direction it needs to go.
Sunrise/Sunset (time--30 seconds)
This exercise can be found in Donna Eden's award-winning book Energy Medicine for Women. It can help stabilize blood pressure (it lowers high blood pressure and raises low blood pressure) and is generally very good for the heart. In addition, it calms body and mind.
2. With both arms now extended upward and palms facing each other, reach for the risen sun. Stretch one arm up high toward the sun. Imagine grabbing a rope with this hand. Close your fist around it and pull it down, drawing the sunlight onto you. As thi hand comes down, reach up to grab the rope with your other hand and pull it down. Keep drawing the su, alternating hands for several more pulls.
3. Turn your palms outward. Release your breath slowly as you circle your arms far out to the sides and down tot he sides of your legs, as if directing the sun to set and your body to calm.
Chakra Clearing (time--3-5 minutes)
Donna describes this exercise in her other award winning book, Energy Medicine! It's a simple method that can be used on all the chakras. Try it over your Heart chakra this week and see what you notice.
2. Spin your left hand in a counterclockwise direction over the heart chakra (note: the clock is sitting on your heart with 9am to the right side and 3pm to the left) for about 2-3 minutes. This helps to open and release stagnant energy from the chakra.
3. Shake off your hands. Rub them again vigorously and shake them off again.
4. Spin your right hand in a clockwise direction over the heart chakra for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.Stay Hearty, Yinmates!