The Triple Warmer Smoothie may not be a drink, but it is definitely a way to unplug from stress and refresh your energies. It will take you all of 20 seconds to perform, which is why you can do this between 2 and 1,000 times a day. In other words, you can't overdo it, and the more you do it, the quicker you'll tame the tiger in Triple Warmer's tank!
Here are the directions to the Triple Warmer Smoothie, taken directly from the pages of Donna Eden's award-winning book Energy Medicine for Women:
Triple warmer energy starts at the tip of the ring finger, travels up to the neck, behind the ears, and ends at the temples. You can use the electromagnetic energies of your hands to readily calm overactive triple warmer energy by tracing part of this pathway backward. Here are the steps:So, what do you think?
1. Place your fingers at your temples. Hold for one deep breath, again breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth.
2. On another deep in-breath, slowly slide your fingers up and around your ears, smoothing the skin while maintaining some pressure.
3. On the out breath, slide your fingers down and behind your ears, press them down the sides of your neck, and hang them on your shoulders.
4. Push your fingers into your shoulders and then, when you are ready, firmly drag them over the tops of your shoulders, and smooth them to the middle of your chest, with one arm resting on top of the other. This is the heart chakra. It brings you home to yourself.
5. Hold here for several deep breaths.
PS if you just happened upon this blog, and don't know what the Triple Warmer meridian is all about, visit my recent post for the details.